Saturday, May 13, 2006

Passage from the morning lesson: 12 may 2006

The social environment has to be very important for me, so that every one will look at another as at the leader of the generation. But sometimes it is just the opposite: we are ashamed of having such friends, because we judge them according with the measures that the external environment imposes on us. In this way I look at the friend and realize that if I was going to present him to the some alien, I would feel embarrassed for him. This indicates that I don’t appreciate him, don’t value his inwardness, his personality. Still, his exterior appearance and the public, the outside opinion affects me, and this is very perceivable.
I am ashamed in front of my environment and my family at having such friends, in other words, I care about their judgment and take them in consideration, but not that “love will cover all the crimes,” that I value my friend and see him only as righteous, and recognize all his supreme qualities, and that in my eyes he belongs to the greatest of the world. Then how can I have a thought as if I am ashamed of him?

No comments: